PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OUR UPCOMING WEBINARS
Nov 1, 2018
Rapid Exome Based Testing for Disorders of Neonatal or Early Childhood Onset
- Describe common presentations of neonatal or early childhood onset diseases and diagnostic challenges within this cohort
- Explain the clinical utility in performing rapid exome-based gene testing for disorders of neonatal or early childhood onset
- Recognize advantages of utilizing rapid exome-based panel testing over whole exome sequencing (WES) analysis as an initial starting point towards a molecular diagnosis
August 29, 2018
Getting More From Your Sequencing Test: Copy Number Variant Detection by Next Generation Sequencing
- Explain the benefits and limitations of copy number variant detection by next generation sequencing
- Compare copy number variant detection by next generation sequencing to other methods of copy number variant detection such as microarray
- Provide examples of how performing copy number variant detection by next generation sequencing adds value to a sequencing test
August 15, 2018
Genetic Testing for Cystic Kidney Diseases and Nephrotic Syndrome
- Understand the importance of genetic testing for inherited kydney disorders
- Describe current testing options for cystic kidney diseases at PreventionGenetics
- Describe current testing for nephrotic syndrome at PreventionGenetics
July 18, 2018
PGxome® Custom Panels
- Create and order custom panels based on phenotype cluster(s) or gene(s)
- Identify how to enhance genes within a custom panel to approach 100% coverage of coding regions
- Use the custom panels’ tool to save panels for future orders
May 23, 2018
Genetics of Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Presented by Dr. Greg Fischer, PhD and Moumita Chaki, PhD By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Gain familiarity with different types of neurodevelopmental disorders (NDDs), specifically intellectual disability (ID) and autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Understand the importance of genetic testing for NDDs
- Gain familiarity with the current guidelines for diagnostic testing of NDDs
- Learn about the most up-to-date genetic testing options at PreventionGenetics
November 10, 2017
Inborn Errors of Metabolism Advances in Diagnostic Testing
- Describe signs and symptoms suggesting Inborn Errors of Metabolism (IEM)
- Understand the current testing paradigm with biochemical testing
- Explain current molecular genetic testing for IEM Diagnosis
October 3, 2017
Clinical Implementation of Pharmacogenetics Adding Pharmacogenetic Testing to PGxome 2017
Presented by: Dr. Jiabin Zhang, Ph.D. and Dr. Emili Leary, PharmD. By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Review the key principles of pharmacogenetics
- Describe the role of pharmacogenetics in clinical practice
- Discuss implementation of pharmacogenetics into clinical practice
June 29, 2017
Genetic Testing for Inherited Retinal Dystrophies
- Explain the importance of genetic testing in Ophthalmology
- Discuss different testing options for genetically and clinically heterogeneous IRDs
- Describe the benefits of PreventionGenetics' Comprehensive IRD Panel and understand the testing approach
May 19, 2017
Genetic Testing for Infertility
Presented by: Fang Xu, PhD and Gina Londre, MS, CGC By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence and major causes of infertility
- Describe the major genetic contributors to infertility
- Explain the benefits and limitations of genetic testing for infertility
April 27, 2017
Value of Genome Sequencing
- Recite many of the applications of genomic sequencing
- Compare different genome sequencing tests
- Understand current limitations of genome sequencing
- Gain a better appreciation for the value of genomic sequencing
March 29, 2017
Genetic Testing for Kidney Disorders
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Discuss various genetic tests for kidney disease
- Describe the characteristics of multiple kidney disorders
- Learn about various cases tested at PreventionGenetics
February 1, 2017
PGxome: The Power of Many
- Determine the indications for PGxome testing
- Describe the exome variant interpretation process at PreventionGenetics
- Learn about various cases detected by PGxome
November 9, 2016
Finding Answers: Comprehensive Miscarriage, Stillbirth & Neonatal Death Panel
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence and major causes of miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal death.
- Describe the major genetic contributors to miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal death.
- Explain the benefits and limitations of genetic testing in cases of miscarriage, stillbirth, and neonatal death.
Aug 11, 2016
Genetic Testing in Ophthalmology - Focus on Eye Panels at PreventionGenetics
- Explain the importance of genetic testing in Ophthalmology.
- Discuss different testing options for hereditary eye disorders.
- Describe the benefits of testing panels vs. single gene tests for heterogeneous hereditary eye disorders.
June 1, 2016
A Specialized Lab's Utilization Management Journey-Adding Value With a Little TLC
What does TLC mean to you, and how does it fit into your utilization management (UM) strategy? In this webinar, Amy Nystrom - Chief Business Officer, discusses why Trust, Longevity and Collaboration are an essential pieces of any UM program.
May 17, 2016
Finding Value: Assessing Quality in Genetic Testing
Jerry Machado, PhD, DABMG, FCCMG, discusses the diversity of genetic testing options in a growing industry and how quality and utilization management go hand in hand.
May 12, 2016
Deletions and Duplications: Why They're Important and How to Get the Most Accurate Results
This Webinar focuses on:
- The importance of testing for deletions and duplications in patients with genetic diseases.
- Different methods of testing for deletions and duplications.
- The benefits of comprehensive testing for deletions and duplications by comparative genomic hybridization microarray.
June 18, 2015
Genetic Testing of Inherited Blood Disorders and Maximizing Clinical Utility
During this webinar, Dr. Michael Chicka, Ph.D. discusses genetic testing for Inherited Blood Disorders including: Thrombocytopenia, Familial Hemphagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (FHL) and Fanconi Anemia. A question and answer session followed Dr. Chicka's presentation.