The DNA Banking Process
Follow these simple steps in order to bank DNA for yourself or a family member.
Order a free DNA Banking Kit.
- We can send the kit to your private address or to the facility where your family member is currently being cared for.
Complete the DNA Banking Agreement.
- A paper version will be included with the kit in the event you prefer one.
Arrange for a blood draw.
- Contact your health care provider to schedule the phlebotomy work and then take our kit with you. They will collect 10 mL of blood which is approximately 2 teaspoons.
- Contact us if you are having difficulty arranging for a blood draw. We may be able to help you find a phlebotomy service in your area. We also have an optional saliva kit which we can send out if you are unable to arrange for phlebotomy services.
Return the completed DNA Banking Kit.
- Make sure to include the sample and completed DNA Banking Agreement in our prepaid return mailer.