All testing must be ordered by a qualified Healthcare Provider
Placing an Order
- Create an account on myPrevent.
- Login and click Start New Order.
- Select Add Tests and search PreventionGenetics’ test menu for a panel or create a panel in Custom Panels, and Add to Order. Review our test menu via Test by Category or by utilizing our search menu.
- Complete patient, order, and billing information. Saving incomplete orders allows you to come back to submit the order later.
- Submit order.
- Download a Test Requisition Form (TRF).
- Complete Patient Information.
- Search PreventionGenetics’ test menu for a panel or create a panel in Custom Panels. Add the test code and name under Test Selection. For Custom Panels, print the order summary sheet to include with the paper TRF. Review our test menu via Test by Category or by utilizing our search menu.
- Enter Provider / Laboratory Contact and Reporting information.
- Provider billing information.
- Print paperwork to include with patient’s specimen. Completed paperwork may be sent ahead of specimen; please contact us with details.
Collect and Ship Specimen
- Order a PreventionGenetics Clinical Testing Kit. Kits include pre-paid return postage within the US and Canada.
- Label all specimen containers with the patient’s name, date of birth and/or ID number. At least two identifiers should be listed on specimen containers.
For additional information on Specimens and Shipping, click here.
Report status is available within myPrevent. Providers will be emailed once reports are available for download.
- Login to myPrevent.
- Click Patient Orders and Reports.
- Expand the Reports & Completed Orders section.
- Click Report Ready link to download report. Not seeing your report? Search by patient name to quickly locate your report under Online Orders section.
Our preferred method of report transmission is uploading to our secure web portal, myPrevent. If an email is provided on the Test Requisition Form, the report will be available on myPrevent. If other instructions on report transmission were provided, we will honor these requests (e.g. to fax or mail reports).
- See Online Order instructions.
- Click Report Ready link to download report. Not seeing your report? Search by patient name to quickly locate your report under Paper Orders section.
We offer several options when ordering sequencing tests, including patient only testing, family testing (e.g. Duo, Trio) and Patient Plus. See individual test descriptions for available options.
For family testing and Patient Plus, we recommend sending in both biological parents with the patient’s specimen. For Patient Plus, sequencing is performed first on the patient’s specimen. Parental samples are then used for targeted testing of reported sequence variants and parental inheritance is included in the patient’s report. Parents are tested for all sequencing variants included in the patient’s report, except for CNVs. For the highest diagnostic rate, Family - Trio testing is recommended.
|Test Type||Specimens to Send||Requirements to Start Testing|
|Family - Duo, Trio, etc||Patient + 1 - 2 Biological Family Members (Parents Preferred)||All specimens are received with completed paperwork. Testing will be held up to 3 weeks for family member specimens. Testing can be held longer if there is an extenuating circumstance, and this information is provided on the paperwork.|
|Patient Plus||Patient + 1 - 2 Biological Parents||The patient specimen is received with completed paperwork, regardless of receipt of one or both parent specimens. If all specimens are not received by day 7 of testing, testing will continue and an updated patient report will be issued if parent(s) are received at a later date.|
|Patient Only||Patient||The patient specimen is received with completed paperwork.|